My Blog List

Friday, June 15, 2012

Day Numero Cuatro:

I would just like to start off by saying that when I tried to download my photos from the day onto my computer, my computer screen decided to black out and no longer work. Four days in and no more computer….only something that would happen to me. So now that I have no computer I get to figure out who my true friends are and who will let me use their computer. (Props to Callie for letting me use her external hard drive!) Besides my small melt down when it came to my computer, today was incredible. This morning we had a workshop with Massimo around our little compound of Hotel Bambu, and discovered the mystery of light and spot meter (photography lingo for those who don't know photography). After lunch we made our way to Mariposario (a butterfly sanctuary). I think I had more fun playing with the butterflies than photographing them oops. I'm not saying I didn't get some very fun pictures though, I guess I'm just a butterfly lady, or as Sam calls me a step up from the cat lady. After the butterfly sanctuary, we ventured down the local river in inner-tubes tied together. What we believed to be just a simple tubing down the river rapidly turned into a turbulent, bone chilling ride. We survived to tell the tale! After defrosting in the shower, we made way into town for some delicious pizza and wandered around in the drizzle of the rainforest. Tonight we go to bed with rain on our roof and the buzzing of mystery bugs in our ears.

No comments:

Post a Comment