My Blog List

Friday, June 8, 2012

Day Numero Dos:

After playing catch up on the past two days, brings us to today. This morning we woke up bright and early (yes, 7 o'clock is early) and boarded our bus to Otavalo, Ecuador along with Massimo, our National Geographic photographer. It was a two hour bus ride in which we all snoozed and woke up to a very colorful, market in which we proceed to browse the goods and purchase a few goodies. In between the bargaining and purchasing, quite a few photos were snapped and the realization of our photography trip was made.
Otavalo Market

Why hello there little one.


After wandering around the market for a couple of hours, we made our way to lunch. We ate some soup that we believed to have meat chunks in it, but soon learned it was innards soup made with stomach, intestine, and everything else you could imagine. I took a plunge and tried some, by some I mean one piece but that still counts right?

Once we finished lunch we made our way to the local's market where they buy all their food, sell their goods, and meet with friends. The different fruits and veggies were so overwhelming and made me extremely curious. We decided to try some of the unusual fruits of the region. My personal favorite was the lychee.
This would be the lychee fruit. (Don't worry Momma I made sure it was safe to eat!)
This man was more than happy to pose for our photos, thank you kind sir.


After our outing we boarded the bus and made our way back home. For dinner we stopped in at place very different from the rest of the neighborhood. Uncle Ho's Noodle House was vastly different from everything we have eaten since staying here. The noodles and chicken were warmly welcomed by my belly as I devoured my Chicken Pad Thai. 

Seeing that I decided to publish a novel instead of a blog, my unpacked bag needs to be packed seeing that we leave Quito tomorrow. Goodnight world.  

No comments:

Post a Comment