My Blog List

Friday, June 15, 2012

Day Numero Seis:

This morning we woke up at 5:45 again and hiked for 45 minutes to Las Tangaras where bird biologists were mist netting birds. For those of you who aren't bird nerds and didn't just Google that last phrase, mist netting is when biologists set up nets of very fine material to catch birds (don't worry safely for those of you who are animal lovers) and tag them for future research. After spending four or five hours with Katie and Luke, the two biologists, we made the now hour long hike back to the trail head. Since there was a torrential down pour the night before, our little hike back up the ridge quickly changed into an uphill battle (Miley Cyrus anyone?) against the mud and muck trying to drag us down. We won in case anyone was wondering. We made our way back into town for a much deserved lunch of pizza. The pizza was quickly gone and we meandered back up to the hotel and rested seeing how our past two mornings were incredibly early. This evening we had another critiquing session with Massimo and made our way back into town for dinner. Seeing how we are in the rain forest, the rain drenched us on our journey. I have decided that the entire time that I am venturing through Ecuador my hair will never be dry since as soon as I shower it gets wet right away. Who would have thought I would miss dry hair. Now that we are back, my bed has never felt better and I am ecstatic to go to bed . ¡Buenos noches muchachos!

No comments:

Post a Comment